Take a business online
1. What’s the biggest challenge for most businesses when going online?
- Planning a budget
- Developing a plan
- Optimising a website
- Defining a customer base
2. When planning your website, what is one of the key things you should consider?
- The order your products will appear on the site
- What you want your customers to do on the site
- How customers will interact with the site
- What your customers want to see on the site
3. Website hosting servers have their own unique IP address, what does this address consist of?
- Numbers and letters
- Letters and symbols
4. When designing content as part of your content marketing strategy, what does the ‘Think’ stage represent in the ‘See, Think, Do, Care’ framework?
- The consideration phase, when customers start to research potential products to buy
- The finance stage, when customers think about their budgets
- The action stage, the moment when customers commit and purchase your product
- The sharing stage, when customers share images and feedback on your products
5. When defining a strategy for your business, how can competitor analysis help you establish a USP (or Unique Selling Point)?
- It can enable you to offer discounts that compete directly with your competitors’ pricing
- It can identify how your offering is different in comparison to your competitors
- It can give you deeper insight into the market and their approach
- It can reveal which additional regions you could be operating in so that you can grow your business
Make it easy for people to find a business on the web
6. Google Search Console “Crawl” reports let you monitor…?
- If potential customers can access your web pages
- If Google can view your web pages How people interacts with your website
- What information Google records about your site
7. When using a search engine, what is the name of a word or phrase somebody types to find something online?
- Search phrase
- Search term
- Search query
- Search word
8. We use them every day, but what is the overall purpose of a search engine?
- To position websites based on how popular they are
- To display websites in a random order to increase site traffic
- To ensure every business gets an equal number of site visits
- To help the user find the most relevant answer to their query
9. When optimising a website for search, what impact do meta and title tags have on the search engine?
- They are hidden messages that have no bearing on search engines
- They are the on-page content that appears on your homepage, telling search engines what you do
- They are automatically generated and help websites rank within search engines
- They are embedded messages that help the search engine determine what’s on the page
10. Gaining backlinks to your website is a great way to improve the SEO performance. What best practice will encourage people to link back to your site?
- Pay people to link back to your site
- Write some great content they will find useful
- Ensure your staff link back to your site
- Link to them first, regardless of whether they have anything interesting on their site
11. When advertising on search engines, if you bid the same as your competitor, having a higher quality score will mean you appear where in comparison?
- Alongside them
- Below them
- On the next page after them
- Above them
12. Which of the following will be achieved by including an offer in a Search Engine Marketing (SEM) ad?
- It will help the ad stand out and encourage people to click it
- It will guarantee the ad appears at the top of the search results
- It will increase the amount of users across your entire website
- It can increase the quality score of your ad
13. When fine-tuning paid search ads, you change a broad-match keyword to a phrase-match keyword using which symbol?
- Quotation marks
- Square brackets
14. If you want to track a completed order in your website, what would be a proper place to add the conversion tracking code?
- Website’s homepage
- Order confirmation page
- Order form page
- Contact us page
Reach more people locally, on social media or on mobile
15. When trying to promote your business locally, what three key bits of information should be present in your directory listing?
- Business name, address, phone number
- Personal name, business name, postcode
- Name, PO box, freephone number
- Business name, CEO, company registration number
16. Fill the blank: When it comes to promoting a business locally, search engines can _______________ your business in the search results page if the user is near your location.
17. There are lots of social media platforms out there, but what is a benefit of using smaller, more niche social media platforms for your business?
- People on niche platforms are more likely to engage with you
- Your content will be put in front of specific audiences
- Your content will be seen by a mix of different people, gaining more views and likes
- It enhances your brand to be seen on more specific social media platforms
18. Building a plan will help you to focus your efforts when using social media. What should you consider when making your social media plan?
- Your audience’s data
- Your audience’s interests
- You audience’s available income
- Your audience’s offline behaviour
19. When building a website for a business, what type of design should it have in order to be ‘mobile friendly’?
- A scaled design
- A visual design
- A responsive design
- An integrated design
20. Mobile advertising is a great tool for marketers, but all that good work could be undone if your website isn’t what?
- Optimised for different devices
- Visually engaging
- Full of relevant information
- Text heavy
21. Which of the following actions would be most effective for a business to take in order to help them progress towards achieving their content marketing goals?
- Personalising content to make each customer feel important, taking into account available data about each individual customer.
- Reducing the number of channels used for content marketing to only those channels with the highest referral numbers, thus saving money
- Identifying audiences who view their content, and ensuring those specific audiences get targeted in the future, with the aim of increasing sales
- Refining their content marketing strategy as they go, taking into account available data and metrics
Reach more customers with advertising
22. When looking at your email marketing metrics, Click Through Rate (or CTR) highlights which of the following insights?
- % of people that made a purchase after receiving the email
- % of people that opened the email out of the total recipients
- % of people who clicked on a link in the email out of the total recipients
- % of people who were sent the email against the total number of conversions made
23. Which of the following is a benefit of search advertising over display advertising?
- Search ads are more likely to be clicked on
- Search advertising is cheaper than display advertising
- Search advertising allows ads to be created in multiple formats
- Search advertising is shown to customers who are searching for your specific terms
24. When advertisers run online ads that typically include an image for people to click on, it’s called…
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Banner advertising
- Display advertising
- Webpage advertising
25. Fill the blank: In the world of display advertising, remarketing is a way to _________.
- pay less per click than standard SEM ads
- show ads to people before they visit your website
- show ads to people after they visit your website
- display a pop up on your website when people visit it
26. Which of the following is a key strategy for distributing your video content?
- Share videos across all of your digital marketing tools
- Pick one primary place to share your video content
- Trust word-of-mouth to drive traffic to your videos
- Send out a postcard to relevant mailing lists
27. How can you attract social media users to share your video content online?
- Tag them in posts
- Use hashtags
- Make them funny
- Use subtitles
Track and measure web traffic
28. In the world of analytics, the time the user spent on your site is considered which type of data?
29. In the world of analytics, tracking the type of device the user accessed your site by is considered which type of data?
30. What do website analytics allow you to do?
- Set up advertising accounts to drive continuous improvement
- Understand users’ behaviour and improve the effectiveness of your digital marketing efforts
- Interact with customers on your website to increase conversion
- Predict your users’ next move based on previous data
31. How do you handle data in analytics to gain greater insights into our audience’s behaviour?
32. Why should you avoid focusing on collecting as much data as possible?
- Vast quantities of data will take a long time to process
- Large amounts of data are harder to store online
- The right information, at the right time, is more valuable
- Spreadsheets have a limit on the amount of information they can store
33. How is a spreadsheet defined?
- An interactive computer application for the organisation, analysis and storage of data
- A static collection of related data tables that can be queried to locate specific fields
- A tool for storing large amounts of numerical data, but not text-based data
- A digital balance sheet to keep track of financial transactions
Sell products or services online
34. When building your online product store, to make it as effective as possible you should look to optimise the performance by using images in what kind of way?
- Use images direct from the internet to ensure accurate file size
- Use images direct from the original manufacturer
- Ensure images are of a high quality
- Use detailed descriptions instead of images to help search engines
35. Which of these is not a benefit for businesses using fully integrated e-commerce platforms?
- Stock control
- Integrated invoicing
- The ability to track shipping
- Automated complaints process system
36. Fill in the blank: When you are considering the layout of the product pages, it is important to put them in ________ order?
- a constantly changing
37. If a user abandons their shopping cart without making a purchase, one way to bring them back to complete the purchase is?
- SEM advertising
- Social advertising
- Email campaigns
Take a business global
38. Fill in the blank: When considering expanding a business internationally, the best place to start is to__________?
- use online tools to help you understand where there’s a strong demand for your products
- move the whole business to that country
- replicate your current business in as many countries as possible
- buy new domains for the country
39. If you are looking to expand your company’s presence online internationally, which of the following should you consider with regards to your online content?
- Translated by an automated tool only
- Translated but also locally adapted for the audience
- Translated into the native language
- Left the same, and not translated
40. Fill the blanks: When advertising internationally, you should make your business ______ to the new market, consider the ___________ and any possible ___________ implications.
- accessible | supply chain | legal
- affordable | supply chain | language
- exciting | customers needs | currency
- affordable | customer needs | legal